Shop Now

Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Little Birdie for the Birds

Hi everyone!  Hope you are all having a great day.  I would like to share this card I made for the challenge at Craft Spot by Kimberly.  The challenge is to make something with a bird.  Here is my birdie card.  I think it meets the requirements.  Don't you?

As you can tell I need some help with my photography.  I was trying a different setting and angle, I think the way I was taking pictures before was probably better.  

This is what I used and how I made the card. 
    First I cut some cream colored card stock for A2 size card.  Then I cut a square of patterned background  smaller than the base out of  K&Company Wild Saffron stack.  I love this paper.  I use it sparingly because I want to make it last and if I'm not mistaken I think it has been retired.  Correct me if I'm wrong and tell me where I can get some more.  I rounded the corner with my trusty corner punch by EK Success.
     The cockatoo is cut from the same patterned paper from the Storybook cartridge.  The image is on page 33 and I cut it at 2 1/2".  The border band across the middle is paper from the same stack.  I used All Deco Punch "Lace" for the detail.  This is a great Multi -Shaper punch.  You can use it to punch borders, ovals circles and squares.  Very versatile.
     The third layer is the cream colored paper with the corners rounded and the sentiment was printed from the computer in a brown ink.  After I printed it on the card stock I trimmed the paper so the sentiment came out right were I wanted it.  
    My flower embellishment is from CalypsoTin flower assortment and the button with twine is from K&Company.      

I really like the way this card turned out.  I hope you have enjoyed blogging with me.  Please share your comments and I am always open to any suggestions or hints.      
Love finding this community of creative crafters.  Until later take care and Happy Blogging.
Kim   

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I love your whimsical birdie and the papers are awesome! Great job:) You are gonna love the cuttlebug. I can't wait to see what you create:)BTW, I am your newest follower too:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card - and such a gorgeous bird. Yes, this definitely fits the challenge at My Craft Spot! I especially like the border you've included on your card. It's beautiful!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, I like the yellow flower & lace trim you added!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim:) Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment!! WOW! you have really beautiful cards and this one is just stunning with the bird and the colors!! I love the touch of yellow with that flower!! I hope to see you back to visit:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete