Shop Now

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Layout Challenge

Happy National Scrapbook Day to everyone.  I haven't been feeling very crafty lately.  Some issues at home have been consuming my time. But today I feel inspired. Maybe because it's NSD or maybe it's because of all the inspiring layouts the Design Team @ Pumpkin Spice have shared with us today.  The challenge is a layout using yellow, something floral, wavey, or scrolly and at least one title.

Here is my layout submission for Challenge #2.  This is a trip to Disney World with my two sons.  We didn't get to go until they were almost grown but we still enjoyed it .  It truly is a place for all ages.  This picture is from a ride on Splash Mountain.



I used two Cricut cartridges for this layout.  1) George and Basic Shapes and 2) Cricut Sampler.

From the George and Basic Shapes I cut the letters for Splash using the sign feature @ 1".  I removed the sign handle and used the reverse of the letter cuts for my title.  Mountain was spelled using small adhesive letters from Colorbox.  I also cut the rectangle tag with the slotted tag feature and the small journaling square from the George and Basic shapes cartridge. I used red ribbon with white polka dots from Olffray.  The Pluto sticker was from my stash of Disney stuff but I don't remember who its by.

From the Cricut Sampler cartridge I cut the wave pattern on page 36, 4 times out of red card stock and attached it end to end for a wave effect.  The small white frame with arrow  was cut from page 38 and I used it to locate my son in this busy picture.  Below is a detail of this.



I had fun doing this layout and I think it meets all the challenge requirements. I wish I had more time to make another project for the challenges but unfortunately life has dictated that I must work for a living and since I am on call this weekend I did't have the time to craft like I wanted.  Such is life.

Thanks for viewing my blog and if you feel moved please comment.  I like to get feedback.  Bye Bye and happy blogging.
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! The pics didn't show up, but I would love to see it! Thank you SO much for playing along with us at Shop Pumpkin Spice of National Scrapbook Day!

    ReplyDelete