Shop Now

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

BITTEN BY THE BUG 2 ELEPHANT CHALLENGE

This is my first challenge at BBTB2. I think elephants are so adorable and wanted to try making a card with one. Here is my submission.

I used 2 Cricut cartridges, Cricut Sampler and Country Life. The elephant was cut at 2 1/2"  from page 49. I used the shadow and bonus feature.  The banner was cut at 1 1/2 from the Country Life cartridge.

I made the card A2 size using blue card stock.  I then cut kraft paper slightly smaller and used my EK success corner punch.  The papers I used where Echo Park Dots and Strips.

The crinkle ribbon I made using seam binding I dyed myself using Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. I found several very good tutorials on You Tube.

For dimension I used pop dots to pop the banner off the page. I used matching embroidery floss to string the banner across the card.

How do you like the goggle eyes on my elephant? Cute right!

Join me in this elephant challenge over at BBTB2. Hope you have as much fun as I did.

Bye for now and keep on crafting with the Cricut.
Kim


13 comments:

  1. awww, precious, love your banner, thanks for joining us at BBTB2, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable baby elephant. Great banner too. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious little baby card. Love the polka dot elephant. Your ribbon is cool. I'm so behind the times. I do not have one bottle of mist in my supplies. Thanks for sharing that tip and playing along at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining us at BBTB2. We ask that you please consider disabling your word verification so our team members can leave comments easily.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo sweet! Love the banner and your little ellie is adorable. So happy to have you join our challenge this week at BBTB2. Hope to see you again soon. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. if you need help with disabling WV, email us at BBTB2.donna.carole@gmail.com. Thanks so much! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I so adore this sweet, sweet card! Love the banner and the papers you used. And you elephant is just so sweet. Thanks for joining us in the weekly challenge at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is perfect for a baby card..Love the banner..Nice touch..Thanks for joining us at BBTB2..Krista

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute elephant and banner! Great baby card! Pretty ribbon! Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an adorable baby card! The elephant on here is perfect and I love the banner saying "baby"! Very clever and cute! I'm glad that you decided to join us in this BBTB2 challenge!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great baby card. Love the baby on the banner and the cute little elephant. Thanks for creating with us for the BBTB2 Elephant Speaking challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is such a sweet baby card i adore that little elephant :) the googly eyes are a cute touch :) thanks for sharing in my challenge at bbtb2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, such a cute card, the banner is a perfect touch, thanks for sharing..

    Penny

    ReplyDelete