Shop Now

Monday, January 7, 2013

Monochromatic Tag Challenge

I entered the Monochromatic Tag Challenge over at 2 Shabby Sisters Studio.  The challenege was to make a tag using only one color.  The original idea for this was from Jane at velocityvette1.  She has a tutorial on her you tube channel.  She used the glimmer mist demomstated by NurseTara04 on her you tube channel. If your interested in giving this a try it was very challenging.  I didn't know how difficult it would be.  I think the end result is beautiful.


I decided on a bird theme.  The paint color I used is Antique Silk pearlized paint by Martha Stewart. I cut the bird from the Home Accent cartidge on my cricut.  I modge podged it on the tag and painted it all.  I then used TCW 6x6 Template Mini Birds of a Feather with moulding paste tinted with the paint for the tree branch and birdcage.  Most of the embellishments and flowers are from Paper Studios Spare Parts.  The lace and ribbon  and feather are all from my stash, leftover pieces from other projects.  I sprayed them all with the glimmer mist I made using NurseTara04 tutorial.  With all the layering it's hard to see all the embellishments. As you can see some of them took the color better than others. Shout out to Rhonda I used one of the stickpins you gave me for the 12 Days of Christmas swap.

I would appreciate any comments, or if you have any questions about materials used or techniques.
Back to crafting so Bye, Bye for Now 
KIM




1 comment: