Shop Now

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Challenge #154 Easter at FCCB

This weeks challenge  at FCCB is to create an Easter project.  I have been making Easter cards and saved my favorite for this challenge.  My Mom loves roses and this card was made for her.  I think it's beautiful.  I used my Wild Card cartridge to cut the frame with my Cricut.


For the card base and frame I painted it with Martha Stewarts Pearlized Antique Silk paint. I then used a paper from DCWV "Butterfly Garden" stack and punched the edge with my Martha Stewart scalloped edge punch. The ribbon is dyed seam binding using Rit green and Key Lime Glimmer Mist. The pearl spray I found at a flea market for 50 cents. The pink pearls at each corner of the frame are from Recollections.  This image is another one from Gecko Galz, "Hops and Peeps".

I hope my Kreation has inspired you to join us for this weeks Easter challenge.
Bye, Bye, for Now
KIM

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card,Love your colorsand your coloring is great,new follower,scrappingg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Kim, that border and the flowers are so delicate and nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim this card is breathtaking! I really love the image and all the details! New follower too!
    Scrappy hugs,
    Connie FCCB DT
    http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Kim! I love vintage looking cards. Fab idea to paint the base:-)

    ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful with the flowers, that border punch and the great frame!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Heather, I love your card, the dimension you have managed to create is just stunning! I had never thought of painting anything for my card, but then again I have never heard of pearlized paints which look so very pretty. I have been a primitive artist for about 8 years, and just got into card making about 2 1/2 months ago, so I am on a steep learnng curve. I was wondering about the cricut wild card cartridge...do you get much use out of it? I have 6 cartridges right now, and have been thinking about purchasing that one, but have not met anyone who has it, and don't want to buy it if it isnt really that useful. But I do love my cricut, and have taken some on line course to learn how to use it, and the craftroom. And will be taking a course on how to use the cricut for scrapbooking...anyways, getting away with myself here....I am your newest follower, and I would love it if you might become one of mine! If you would like to contact me about the cartridge my email is cathrynseguin@gmail.com, have a wonderful holiday weekend! Hugs, Cathryn

    ReplyDelete