Shop Now

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Cool Summer Treats

I don't know about you but I love popsickles during the summer.  My favorate flavor is orange. I've been wanting to use a new DCWV paper stack "Birthday Wishes" for a project.  All  the bright shiny colors inspired my card.

I used my Doodlecharm Cricut cartridge to cut the popsickles at 2.50". I used kraft paper for the base and then cut the layer in three different colors. The white accent is Glossy Accents in white.  The twine is from the Twinery, Lemon Drop.  The orange buttons are from my stash.  The sentiment is from My Pink Stamper, "Sweet Goodness". The background paper is also from DCWV.  I used a white gel pen for the faux stitching and accents on the popsickle sticks.
I think my popsickles look so YUMMY!

I am entering this card into the following challenges.
Bitten By the Bug 2- Summer Foods
and
Die Cuttin Diva's-Refreshing Summer

Hope you like my card.  Join me in the above challenges.
Bye, Bye for Now,
KIM

14 comments:

  1. I love your card with all the bright colors and fabulous papers!! Popsicle's are always a summer time favorite!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your popsicles do look yummy Kim!! I love the different papers you used to cut them from. And that bg paper is fabulous. My favorite popsicle flavors are lime, orange and cherry! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Summer Foods' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your popsicles. They are a favorite of mine, too. This card is super cute. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card has so many fabulous colors and papers! Love your card! I cannot say enough about these papers. Awesome! Thanks for sharing at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy,yummy card! Love your colourful lollies! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card! Love the colors and the yummy popsickles! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute, love the popsicles! Thanks for playing along with us at DCD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy and colorful! The orange ones are my favorite also! Great card :) Glad you came to play with us at BBTB2 this week!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous papers, fabulous card! I love the white glossy accent too. Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! The popsicles are very refreshing! TFS at DCD's challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love your refreshing card kim great papers! thanks for sharing with us at bbtb2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Summery colors! Very cute! Thanks for playing with us at DCD for our "Refreshing Summer Treat" challenge.
    Anita
    DT DCD
    http://scrappyhappymommy.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is adorable! I like the popsicles, the tag that has the sentiment on it, and the different shaped buttons you used. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete