Shop Now

Monday, June 3, 2013

Father's Day Challenge #164 at FCCB

My step father is not a suit and tie kinda guy.  He is into cars, so I had to make his Father's Day card with cars as my theme.  I used one of those great images from Geko Galz, Start Your Engines.  Perfect, right?


I used Indie Art for the gears and cut them at various sizes from  DCWV Metalliac Stack in silver.  Everything is inked using Tim Holtz Black Soot. The black and white checks and the sentiment are both cut from this collage sheet. The card base is A2 size in black. I used a couple of silver brads and drew the chain with a silver glitter pen. I think it looks very masculine and I know he will love the car image. 

I know it is sometimes hard to come up with something for a man so do your best and join us at FCCB.  Keep in mind what you Dad likes and you can't go wrong.

Bye, Bye for Now,
KIM

4 comments:

  1. Great card, I really like the cogs and image you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing! It is difficult sometimes for me to come up with ideas for my husband for B'days and Fathers' Day - he's into NASCAR and BBQ cook-off's but not ties, golf, baseball, etc. I have the Indie Art cart but hardly see ideas using it. Thanks again!
    Melinda Strange
    Huntsville, TX
    csi275@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project. Those gears are too cool!

    ReplyDelete