Shop Now

Thursday, July 4, 2013

PATRIOTIC CARD

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY

Hope everyone is enjoying their day. 
To celebrate Independence Day I have made this card. 

I used the sketch from Die Cuttin Diva's and the inspiration photo from Pink Elephant. Simon Says Stamp and Bitten By the Bug 2  challenges this week are red, white and blue and a patriotic theme. Needless to say I am entering this card into these challenges.
To make this card I used my Rosettes and Ribbons Cricut cartridge. I cut the rosette at 1.5". The paper I used is open cardstock from Joann's.  The red and white striped paper is from Echo Park "Dots and Strips". I used red corragated paper from Coredinations in the middle of the rosette and for my large strips. I color washed them with white paint.  The USA are Thickers glitter blue stickers. I outlined the label in red Stickles.
The red, white and blue beads are from Wal Mart. I strung them on red hemp. The white star is a brad. I made this card so it opens on the side. I rounded the corners with my EK Success corner punch. 

I think my card is very patriotic and celebrates the 4th of July perfectly.

Join me in the above challenges and Good Luck.
Bye, Bye for Now
 KIM

12 comments:

  1. Love this card Kim! The rosette is amazing, I love the beading and love the painted look on the corrugated paper! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Kim Beautiful rosette and the inspired beading. Great touch. Love that you used the corrugated board. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the beaded strands on this. very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a festive Patriotic card, Kim. Love the rosette!! Thank you for joining us this week at BBTB2.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, the beads look fab xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Kim!! Love the rosette and the beads are a great idea. Love the corrugated board, too. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Patriotism' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is so cool! The rosettes and beads make it so unique-love it!!!! Thanks for joining our challenge at BBTB2 this week :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your rosette is lovely! Great card, thanks for sharing it at DCD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooooh, I love this rosette. You did such a great job on this patriotic card!! Thanks for sharing at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful patriotic card! Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous card! Love the rosette! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super fun card! I love the beads!! Sweet touch!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete