Shop Now

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sketch Challenge # 206 at FCCB

I am going to call this post a "Tale of Two Cards". First this is the card that I posted for the challenge. I used Cricut cartridges,  George and Basic Shapes and Ribbons and Rosettes.


 Here is the inside. Sometimes I don't finish the inside when I am not using the card right away. I like to personalize the inside with my message, but since I was using this one I went ahead and finished it.
 Here's a tip. I like to write my message on another piece of card stock so if I mess up I can start over and not ruin my card. I then adhere it to the inside.


Now for the tale. I originally made another card for the challenge, but was never really happy with it. It looked OK and followed the design of the sketch, but there was something about it I did not like. Since I needed a wedding card I decided I would use the sketch and see how it turned out. I am so glad I did because I think it turned out beautiful.

This time I cut my card base as a 5x5 square.  I think that is what made the difference. Before I made the card base A2 size. 
The first step was spraying the white card stock with Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Mist. It's hard to see it in the picture, but in real life it added a lot to the card. Then I ran it though the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dot folder.  Because of the square shape the folder was not wide enough to cover the whole card which worked out perfectly, because that is where I ended up stamping my sentiment.
The heart border was cut from silver paper using the Ribbon and Rosettes cartridge. I had to trim it down because it was a little too wide. I adhered it to the card and used white seam binding for the bow. 
The next step was embellishing the rectangular piece from the card design. It's two layers of paper, one silver and the other white. I stamped the black dot border using the Fiskars celebration stamp set. I used this stamp set for all the stamping on this card. The intertwining hearts are cut using the silhouette feature from George and Basic Shapes in silver paper. For the Mr. and Mrs. I used Thickers "Lark" by Dear Lizzy.
The finishing touch, four square rhinestones at each corner.  I used pop dots to elevate this off the base for more dimension.

And now you my be wondering about the other card. Well here it is. So you be the judge.


Hope you will link your project using the sketch at FCCB. Good luck and have fun. And if it doesn't turn out right the first time try again. Maybe sometime in the future this card will be just right for the occassion. Thanks for looking and leave a comment. Let me know which card you like.

Bye, Bye for Now
KIM





5 comments:

  1. Love your cards, Kim! They are both so pretty and perfect for a wedding! Fabulous job with the sketch!

    Have a wonderful week!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this wedding card-just perfect! Great idea for the inside also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like both cards!! I love the Mr & Mrs inside the hearts and the heart border on your wedding card. I think your other card is neat too - I like the border punch, and what image did you use for the leafy frame? I really like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Storybook cartridge for leafy frame. Thanks for the kind comments. Kim

      Delete
  4. I love your wedding card its stunning, size does matter lol but so it doesn't feel left out the other one is cute too !! xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete