Shop Now

Monday, July 28, 2014

Take Me Out to the Ball Game Challenge #221 at FCCB

This was a difficult challenge for me because I do not have any Cricut cartridges that have a sports theme.  I do have lots of baseball pictures from when my boys played baseball, so I made a layout for today using elements from Elegant Edges and George and Basic Shapes.


This is my son Derek.  He played for Hankin's Lumber this year and they went all the way to the area championship game and won.  The reason I started scrap booking was to preserve memories of my boys.  Just gathering the pictures brought back the fun times we had at the ball field.

For my 8x8 layout  I chose the team colors for my background papers, maroon and gray.  I cut the gray layer using Elegant Edges.  For my baseball I cut a circle using George and Basic Shapes. I drew the red stitches and dirtied it up using Vintage Photo distress ink by Tim Holtz.  The striped paper was from a sports theme paper pad from Marcella by K (old from my stash).  My journaling spot was another cut from the same image in gray only smaller from Elegant Edges.  I added some star and baseball stickers to embellish and added my picture. 

So next time a challenge at FCCB has you stumped think outside the box.  You don't always have to have 
the exact cartridge for the theme. Let your creativity flow and link up your project to our challenge this week.

Bye, Bye for Now
KIM

2 comments:

  1. So much fun! Love layouts they tell so much :0)

    Keeping memories alive

    Have a great week

    Dt sister

    Catarina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Kim! Your baseball is awesome, and your layout is very sporty!

    ReplyDelete