Shop Now

Monday, August 4, 2014

BUG OUT, Challenge # 222 at FCCB

SUMMER! Many things come to mind, days at the beach, vacations to cooler climates, picnics and cook outs and BUGS!!!  This week the challenge is to use a Cricut cut to make a project with bugs.  Here are my ants from Kate's ABC's to devour watermelons.


The background paper with the watermelons is from DCWV, "Summer Days".  I cut three ants out of black scraps and used glossy accents for segments of their bodies. I used two sizes of whole punches to create their eyes.  I found this button in my stash and it looks just like a watermelon to me.  The final touch, leftover yellow and pink crinkle ribbon.  Fast and easy summer card.  Sometimes the paper background can make a simple card more interesting.

Now it's your turn to make a project using the Cricut.  Link up to our challenge at FCCB and share your favorite bugs with us.

 Bye, Bye, for Now
KIM

2 comments:

  1. I find ants kind of creepy, but your little guys are so cute and make a wonderful subject for your card! I really like your paper choice and the watermelon colored button fits perfectly. Very sweet card. Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love those ants! I'm glad they're paper-love that crinkle ribbon and watermelon paper too!

    ReplyDelete